Network Experts Leads To
SELEE Metallurgical Services is able to leverage its complete metallurgical laboratory including the following primary equipment:
- Tescan Vega 3 Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) equipped with an Oxford Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS) capable of generating elemental or phase maps.
- X-ray Diffractometer
- X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
- Zeiss Inverted Stage Optical Microscope with camera
- Thermal Gravimetric / Differential Thermal Analyzer
In addition, SMS is able utilize proprietary equipment including:
- LAIS (Liquid Aluminum Inclusion Sampler)
- DART (Dynamic Aluminum Resistance Test)
Lastly, SMS has relationships with third-party laboratories which extends its footprint of available analytical capabilities. More important than equipment, however, is SMS’s network of engineers and scientists with deep experience in the molten metal industry. This expertise extends to applications, materials, defect analysis, operational best practices, and processes.
MORE FROM SMS
SELEE Metallurgical Services focuses on the core customer base of aluminum cast houses, foundries (aluminum, iron, steel, copper), and investment casting; with specific focus on the furnace to mold/casting processes.
SMS can also offer outsourcing of client laboratory services. Metal manufacturing and fabrication companies may find it economically beneficial to outsource variable lab support services rather than financing the fixed cost infrastructure.
SMS is a network of engineers and scientists with deep experience in the molten metal industry. This expertise extends to applications, materials, defect analysis, operational best practices, and processes.